These pages document the construction and adventures of a Wharram Tiki 21 in the Pacific Northwest. The voyage began long ago (plans ordered on 3/17/99) and the Milagra has been cruising since the summer of 2010. Who knows where the adventure will end?
- Prioritized task lists and expense tracking (Google spreadsheet)
- Trailerable, 2-4 berth coastal cruiser
- Gaff ‘wing sail‘ sloop; windward sail area 19.25m2
- LOA: 6.40m; LWL: 5.6m (21′); Beam: 3.80m (12.5′), Draft: 0.35m; Cabin headroom 1.36m
- Displacement: 360kg; Payload 460kg; Weight of each hull: 80kg
- Cost to home build: ~$10,000; time to build ~400hr; berths 2-4
Winner of the 1982 Cruising World Design Competition (CW article)